Hello from Elder Thurber--who serves in the Philippines Manila Mission

Hello from Elder Thurber--who serves in the Philippines Manila Mission

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Will Be Transferred Wednesday; 3 Day Mission; Prelude Music for 2 Hours!

Hi!

This, I just found out, is my last week here in the Pamplona Ward. I'm going to go be transferred over to Bonifacio 3rd Ward on Wednesday. I don't really know too much about this area, so we'll see how it goes. 

I s'pose I had the best time of my life in Pamplona! We had what is called a "3 Day Mission." (Do we have those kind of things in America? We should!) I got to spend Wednesday and Thursday with about 3 ward missionaries who dove into missionary work, trying to invite everybody who would respond to us to the open house! On Sunday, most of the youth bore their testimonies! The missionary spirit has simply sky-rocketed in this ward. 

And it'll continue to go on after I leave! Elder Saclot (from my first area) is going to become district leader and the follow-up trainer to Elder Mullins! I laughed so hard when I heard that. Also, Elder Limocon will be the next AP! He's been my zone leader for literally all of my mission except for 1 transfer! 

I won't be here to see the baptism of Josephine unfortunately. She has been a golden investigator from the beginning, and now says she wants to serve a mission! She's already memorized the 13 Articles of Faith, and takes notes from her reading. Maybe she'll even leave on her mission before I come home! 


On top of all of this craziness that's been happening, we were privileged to hear from Elder Christensen on Friday. It started at 3, but Pres Stucki wanted us to be there at 2:30. Sister Stucki called me and said that I would be playing piano, so we had to get there early. But, it turns out we got there at 1, along with basically the whole mission. So I played prelude for literally two hours, straight. Thankfully I used the prelude book my mom gave me. 










No comments:

Post a Comment